Monday 27 January 2014

Sayyid Al Istighfar - Make Dua For Forgiveness and You Could End Up In Paradise (Insha'Allah)

Here is an amazing dua you could say twice a day. Please do try to make saying this a regular habit.

Shaddad ibn Aws (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said,

“The best of forgiveness (sayyid al-istighfar) is to say,

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ 

Here is a rough transliteration:

 Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana 'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa wa'dika mastaTa'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma Sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu'u Laka bidhanbi faghfirli fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta


‘O Allah! You are my Lord. There is no god but. You created me and I am Your slave. I am on Your covenant and promise as much as I am able. I seek refuge in you from the wrongs I have done. I admit to You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I admit to You my sins. So forgive me, for none forgives sins but You.’ ”

The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) then said,

“Whoever says it during the day, with conviction, and then dies that day before night falls will be of the people of Paradise. And whoever says it at night, with conviction, and then dies before day break will be of the people of Paradise.” [Bukhari (6306), Tirmidhi (3393), Nasa’i (5522), and Ahmad (16662)]

More information on this dua:
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?id=2869