Saturday 16 January 2016

Does Jesus 'Forgiving' Sins Mean he is God in the New Testament? No. Zakir Hussain Answers a Trinitarian Argument


I put these two clips together to help Trinitarian Christians see through the superficial argumentation out there in Trinitarian circles. This argument stating Jesus is divine because he forgave sins is a baseless argument.


If the video does not play, please see here

Zakir Hussain mentions Matthew 9:8

When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to man.

Clearly people recognised Jesus was given authority by God to do works thus they did not believe he was God.

Zakir also mentions the Gospel of John purporting the disciples of Jesus were given authority to forgive sins

22And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23"If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained." [John 20]


Jesus, according to the 'Gospel' of John is purported to have said:

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. [John 5:30]

Thus, reading such a claim with the lens of John 5:30 we see it's not actually Jesus forgiving sins - this is mentioned by Dr Laurence Brown here

[QURAN MIRACLES] The Miracles of the Number 19 in Quran | Dr. Shabir Ally